Wednesday 4 July 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

It's my birthday today and I've got lots of lovely goodies to show. First of all is a row counter bracelet and scissor fob with detachable stitchmarkers from Knitz and Glitz. These are both beautiful, but I especially like the stitchmarkers on the scissor fob.






Next, some yarn pr0n. I had 3 skeins of Fleece Artist Sea Wool sock yarn in (L-R) Pinata, Marine and Jester. Pinata and Marine are destined to become these and these, and Jester will become a scarf, although I haven't found the right pattern yet. If you have any ideas, let me know. I also had a ball of Artesano Alpaca Inca Mist, to go with the one I had from Kai in the Secret Summer Santa Swap a couple of weeks ago. This is going to be a Bertie, designed by the talented Bronte. I had 7 x grey and 7 x black RYC Cashsoft DK, for a ribbed sweater for myself, a pack of Clover ring stitchmarkers and a tub of Blue Sky Alpacas Knitter's Little Helper hand balm. Fab stuff. :0)

I also managed to finished Clue 1 for Mystery Stole 3 this morning. Yay!! Now originally I had no intention of joining in with this because I've got loads of WIPs to finish and another load of PIWs (projects in waiting) to start on. But I'd seen a few photos of finished Clue 1 and was hooked. I joined up and am so glad I did. I swatched (yes, I did, swatch hater that I am!) and decided to use Posh Yarn Cecilia cobweb laceweight in Marmalade (from stash *polishes halo*!) using 3mm needles. This yarn is so fine that it makes the PY Eva laceweight I'm using for a stole from Victorian Lace Today look like DK! It's knitting up beautifully though.
At row 100, it's measuring approximately 15 inches wide. Click on the photo to see better detail. Unfortunately, this is a pretty rubbish photo, it looks much better with a black background, so I'll try and take another one later and change it. Can't wait for the next clue to come out this Friday. Oh, sign ups close on Friday 6th July, so if you want to join, DO IT NOW!

9 comments:

Knittings Nice! said...

Hey lovely pressies Linda. Hope your having a restful knitty birthday. 21 again eh!

belaybunny said...

Happy birthday. Some lovely yarn you got there. I love the mystery stole so far, it's so neat, I'm in awe you can knit on such thin stuff!! ;) Lucky you getting a new PC.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday. It looks like you did based on all the lovely presents. Enjoy that Sea Wool. I just made the Sea Baby sweater, hat and socks set (on the Perl Grey website) out of Sea Wool for my cousin's baby and I love it. Enjoy your new yarn!

Joy said...

Penblwydd Hapus! It sounds as though you have had a fab day!

LittleBerry said...

now those are my sort of birthday pressies.....

The shawl is looking good, aren't you glad you joined ;)

Linda said...

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I had a fab day and some really beautiful presents.

Littleberry - I really am glad now that I joined MS3. It's a lovely pattern to knit. Can't wait for the next clue tomorrow.

Bearium said...

The MS3 looks great in that red. Hope you had a great birthday, your yarn pron looks scrummy!

Kai said...

the MS3 is looking really lovely.. Happy Belated Birthday Wishes too!!! :)

Sockinator said...

Happy belated birthday, sockpal! Hope it was a great one! Oh, and I too got sucked into joining MS3...because of course I have all this free time to start more projects. But your stole is gorgeous!