Thursday 12 July 2007

Sweater One - DONE!



This is sweater #1 - which I finished this morning due to an unexpected day off work. DS (age 5) was unwell yesterday, complaining of a headache and sore tummy. Well, he woke up at 6 this morning, was sick all over the bed and about 5 or 6 times after that! :0( So he couldn't go to school and I couldn't go to work.

BUT, the silver lining to this cloud was that while he was asleep for an hour or so, I managed to finish the sleeves (I knit both at the same time), do the neckline and do the dreaded sewing up. YAY! I'd actually forgotten about the sewing up bit - which is the bit I hate the most. And to think I've got to do it another 3 times! :0(

I'm really pleased with the finished sweater, although it doesn't suit me and wouldn't be a pattern I'd choose to knit myself. For some reason, I don't know if it's the chunky yarn, but it just makes me look HUGE! I like v-neck sweaters with waist shaping - this doesn't have any - which I always think are more flattering.

Anyway, I'm still pleased with it and managed to get it packed up and posted off lunchtime, thinking it would get there tomorrow.

BUT NO! Damned Royal Mail are having a 24-hour strike so my sweater isn't likely to arrive until Monday. **%%££**!!!!!

Anyway, can't stop - I have sweater 2 to cast on! :0)

6 comments:

Kai said...

That looks lovely. :)

The colour is stunning.. Hopefully the other three will be finished just as quick..

belaybunny said...

well done on getting it finished. I've not knit anything which requires sewing up for a while now!!! I love the colour, good luck with the rest and I hope you have plenty of money for the colinette trip ;)

Anonymous said...

thats a really nice jumper linda, although i agree, not your style, not mine either but it is lovely and well knitted all the same, love the colour too.

Joy said...

That does look nice Linda - and I like the colour very much. I'd look like the side of a house in it though lol!

Not long till the Colinette course now :)

Knittings Nice! said...

Really welldone...allyour hard work paid off. Good luck with number 2.

Linda said...

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. :0)

I've just finished the back of #2 and am about to start the front. This one is Tomato red and is very bright. I think I'll be having a day off tomorrow though to work on MS3 Clue 3.