Sunday 22 July 2007

Sockapalooza 4 Commemorative Bag


This is what I teased you with yesterday. My new Sockapalooza 4 commemorative bag from Allena - The Knitting Ewe. I first saw the bags mentioned on the Sockapalooza 4 site and thought they were great - I also loved the price $15 (about £7.50).

These bags are available to everyone, not just those in Sockapalooza 4.

You get to choose which colour and design of fabric you want, in whatever combination you want, and the bags are totally reversible.

They measure 7.5" high x 20" around and the base is 5"x5". Just the right size for portable projects like socks and scarves.

I had an e-mail from Allena on the 17th to say that she had posted it and it arrived yesterday, the 21st! Very quick, considering this came from the US.

I definitely recommend Allena's bags to anyone - they're really well made and the service I received was excellent. Next time I need another bag (and you can NEVER have enough bags!) I know where to go. ;0)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that bag. Is it only available to Sockapolooza members? I'd love one.

Linda said...

Anni, these bags are available to everyone, regardless of whether they're in Sockapalooza. :0)

Knitting Ewe said...

Thank you so much for awesome post Linda!

belaybunny said...

I love the bag, I want one NOW!! Hope your HP book turned up!!

Lane aka Willow said...

Love the bag, i really want one too am i too late to order one?

Linda said...

Lane - It's not too late to order - just click on the link. I think delivery will be about 2 weeks at the moment, because of the overwhelming response.

Christina - No, HP didn't arrive on Sat from Amazon so I bought one from Asda that morning and finished it on Sun. The Amazon one turned up on Monday, so I promptly sealed it up and posted it back to them!

belaybunny said...

what a pain, mine from amazon turned up.

I've ordered a bag now!!!

Linda said...

Christina, a bit of a pain, yes. BUT, in Amazon's favour, I have to say that they have just refunded me the cost of the book PLUS P&P, so a big YAY! to Amazon for that! :0)

Sooooo glad you ordered a bag - I'm SUCH an enabler! ;0) Ican't wait to see what colourway you chose.

And only ONE MORE WEEK TILL COLINETTE!!!!!

Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?! ;0)

belaybunny said...

yay, I was just thinking that about colinette too, one week!!! I was a copy cat and picked the same colours as you!!! have you saved up plenty of dosh then, I haven't a clue what I want to get, but think I'd better go with a strict budget.

PS, it's regia nation yarn in germany colours btw from wolle hartmuth on ebay.de - I think you may know them? ;)

Linda said...

I may know them ......... ;0)

As for plenty of dosh for colinette, I may not need any.

I think there's something wrong with me - I just don't feel like buying yarn. *shock*

I've been on a stashalong since the end of June but this strange afflication only started in the last week or so. I think I've just got out of the habit of buying!

But I bet a visit to Colinette will alter all that. :0)

belaybunny said...

I've been stashalonging too, so colinette will be my first day off for a while!!! and funnily enough, I'm not sure I want to buy much either, as I have plenty of yarn. But I'm sure I can't go all that way just for the course, so I may be forced into getting something small ;)