Saturday 28 April 2007

I am sooooo stressed!!!

I'm too stressed to post any WIP pics at the moment, even though I'm dying to show you a photo of my White Lies Designs Madeleine Shawl Jacket WIP. I took the WIP pic last Sunday but it doesn't help that DH has been hogging the PC all week so I can't upload the photo! ;-(
I've made quite a bit of progress on the knitted-on border since then, so will probably post 2 WIP pics on Sunday, sort of a before and after - before and after stress that is. ;0)

And the reason I'm so stressed? I've been (trying) to organise a party for my son who is 5 on Sunday. The party is tomorrow and he's invited 24 of his friends. So far, 15 have RSVP'd but there are sure to be others who just turn up anyway. We've never had 'proper' parties for him before so I'm not quite sure of what I should be doing! ;0) My son decided he wanted a bouncy castle but doesn't want any party games. Now, is a bouncy castle going to keep 15, possibly more, 5-6 year olds occupied for 2 hours? I think not, but what do I know?! And then there's the food.... How do I work out how much to make? We're vegetarians but that's not a problem nowadays with Quorn ham and chicken alternatives. Plus we've got plenty of egg and cheese. But how much? That's the problem. (We spent £££'s in Asda tonight! *rolls eyes*) Chances are we'll be living off cheese and egg sandwiches for the next month! But I suppose it's better to have too much than not enough. And why is it that no matter how much I put in the goody bags, they still seem to be half empty?!

And as I'm sat here typing this, I realise that I still haven't finished the socks that I promised my son I'd make him to wear to his party. I've only got 14 rows of rib to do ........ looks like I'll be up way past midnight! *rolls eyes*

(I suppose I should be grateful that he even wants to wear my handknitted socks!)
(Plus, I shouldn't make promises only 2 days before the big event!)
(I wonder would it be considered "wrong" to knit whilst at his party? I keep getting jittery feelings - 2 and a half hours of not knitting. *shock* I could finish the border on Madeleine in that time! *LOL*)

Anyway, I'm off to have another G&T - hopefully that'll help me de-stress!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Oh bless you, you'll be fine! Parties are always like this - there are always those who think RSVP means "don't bother replying" ;)the mums will be glad to have a couple of child free hours, the children will have a fab time and will probably eat surprisingly little. It's going to be a beautiful day, so make sure they have plenty of drinks and r-e-l-a-x and enjoy!

I once took 26 children to see a Mr Man show at the theatre as DD's birthday "party" which was great fun and they all had a colouring book and pencil set at the end. Very stress free.

Anonymous said...

Wow, 25 boys; no wonder you are stressed! It will all be over soon, so hang in there. When it is you will, of course, need the rest of the weekend to recuperate, with, say, a lot of knitting to relax you.
I used to give a party every year for each of my four daughters, but one year after having spent hours creating handmade favours, which just got tossed aside or forgotten, I decided I'd had enough. Now we take each one out for her birthday to do something special. They usually pick horseback riding! Easy and fun for us all. And no presents that you don't know what to do with.

Knittings Nice! said...

Oh so glad didn't have all this back when my children were young...all us Mums used to just have small tea parties for 5/6/7...that was enough....gets sooo expensive now.Anyway good luck hope it all goes well, try to keep calm and then sit afterwards with a nice glass of wine.