Thursday 8 February 2007

New Discoveries

I've finished my Falling in Love socks and gorgeous they are, too! ;) Unfortunately, I can't post a picture today because hubby's photo-taking skills are non-existant *rolls eyes* so it will have to wait until someone with a bit more 'nouse' comes along. (Not sure if 'nouse' is a word anybody but me uses, but I know what I mean!! Maybe it's just a Welsh thing.)

On the new discoveries front, in the past week I've discovered toe up socks and am really enjoying them. I've just started a pair for my son and they're simply whizzing along. :) Mind you, it does help that he's only 4 and has very small feet ;) Another discovery was Elizabeth Zimmerman's stretchy sewn cast off, which is much more comfortable on my calves than my normal 2-needle cast off.

In the post today I had 2 parcels from Heirloom Knitting, a fab company who give excellent service and very speedy delivery (see www.heirloom-knitting.co.uk). I decided to order a set of dressing/blocking wires which will come in very handy when I start on a shawl from Victorian Lace Today in the next week or so. I also ordered their book on Shetland Hap Shawls, and although I haven't managed to have a read of it yet (cooking tea and washing up got in the way *hmmph!*), I did have a peek at the beautiful old photographs in it. I'll hopefully be able to have a good look at it in bed later. Plus, if the 6 inches of snow that's forecast for tonight does actually arrive, I won't be able to get to work tomorrow so can spend all day reading it! :)

No comments: