Sunday 9 September 2007

Dwti Socks


Otherwise known as small socks. ;0)
'Twt' is the Welsh word for tidy, neat or smart. When I was growing up however, anyone or anything small was known as 'dwti' and it's stuck with me ever since. ;-)

I like knitting socks for small people - they are a very quick, rewarding project because they don't take long to make.

I started knitting this pair at my knitting group yesterday at 12.30 p.m. and finished them about 5 mins ago.
They're for DS (age 5) who is a size 10-11 shoe. He chose the yarn from my stash (Opal Rainforest 'Tiger' and he wanted them for school tomorrow, so he's really pleased that I've finished them in time.
I used my usual toe-up pattern, 52 sts on 2 x 2.5mm Addi Turbo circs. I knit 44 rows for the foot, 42 rows for the leg and 12 rows for the rib. These socks took about 30g, so I have enough left to make a pair for myself. ;0)
The only problem I had while knitting these was the annoying tune I kept singing the whole time I was knitting them - "That's neat, that's neat, that's neat, that's neat, I really love your tiger feet". Not sure who sung the song originally, and these probably aren't even the correct words, but it's been bugging me all weekend. I'll be glad to work on another project to get that song out of my head! ;0)

5 comments:

Joy said...

Lovely Tiger Feet Linda.

Twt's a great word - though I'm afraid we use it differently. If anything is "rubbish" or not very good, or we don't like something, we say "it's a load of twt!"

Knittings Nice! said...

Was it Showaddy waddy sang that song? Great socks. Speedy knitting.

Linda said...

It was Mud - I just Googled it. ;0)

blog-blethers said...

lol yep, it was Mud ... and you've now got the blessed tune lodged in my brain too;)

Love the socks!

katknit said...

Great socks!
Definately was Mud who sang Tiger Feet!