Friday 30 March 2007

Socks ..... oh, and S.E.X.

These socks were knitted for my almost-5-year-old son. He picked the yarn himself at our LYS. It's Sirdar Town and Country (#0102 I think) and is a mixture of greys. It was a little boring to knit with, sort of like watching black and white TV, if you know what I mean. ;-) But he loves them and couldn't wait to wear them to school on Tuesday to show everyone. Apparently, the day before, his teacher showed everyone the socks he was wearing which I'd knitted for him (stripey ones) and he was well chuffed!
And these really knit up quickly - I made one sock last Sunday and the other on Monday, so they probably took about 8 hours in total.

And this lovely lot came in the post today, from S.E.X. I had on Ebay last Friday. ;-) I bought this Opal prototype yarn from beautiful-yarn-and-socks, a German seller on Ebay. This yarn is a new development by Opal apparently so I have no idea how it will knit up (stripey or otherwise) but I can't wait to find out. :0) And the colours are luscious IRL, very vibrant. A nice change after the monochromatic madness that were the T&C socks!

5 comments:

Emma said...

ooh, pretty yarn! I love the pink and green.

Anonymous said...

Love the Opal. Especially the two on the left side in bottom row and the one on the right of top row. Thanks for offer of Eva 2ply. See my blog for reply. I'm off on holiday tomorrow and wil lget back to you when I get back. Youre so kind offering though. I'll let you know what I decide to do. REad todays post on my blog for explanation. Thank you Linda.

gilraen said...

Lovely sock yarns. Doesn't your 5 year old have great taste in socks, if not in colour, yet! :D

Jo028 said...

Great sock stash, I was so inspired, I just found 10 balls of Opal Abo on ebay Germany & just had to get them.

LittleBerry said...

Lovely socks... have just started T&C 103 (browns) so was pleased to see what sort of pattern they'd knit up like...

Love the prototype yarn, I think I have that green/pink one in the middle of the bottom row!!!!