Saturday, 8 November 2008

Super Secret Santa, SEX and FOs

Get ready for a photo-heavy post. I've been gone a while and I have lots to show you. ;0)

I recently took part in a Secret Santa swap on the Crafty Threads n Yarn forum and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My parcel came from Franney and she did some spot-on stalking - I couldn't have chosen better for myself. Thank you Franney! :0)

She sent me a gorgeous project bag in scary Halloween fabric (which she made herself).

In this bag were 2 balls of Louisa Harding Grace - silk/wool mix - in the most gorgeous blue colour which is becoming a scarf as we speak. ;0) I'm knitting the Opera Scarf pattern on 6mm needles. Mine isn't as "open" as theirs but I love how it's knitting up - the sheen on this yarn IRL is amazing and it's very warm too. Ideal for a scarf (plus it matches my new winter coat perfectly).















Now, me and Franney share an interest - we both own pet rats - and so she made me a hammock for my ratties in the same fabric as my project bag. How fab is this?! It's lined with fleece fabric - and my 4 think it's the bee's knees - they're so comfy, I now have to physically remove them for playtime! *LOL*



This isn't the best photo, but I can assure you that this hammock is so well made, and much better than anything I've bought from a shop before.

Be warned Franney - I'll be sending orders your way in the future! ;0)






Just in case you were wondering, the dogs weren't left out either - they received a bag of Pedigree treats but being the big fat greedy pigs they are, they've eaten them already so I don't have a photo to show you! *LOL*

Right, back to me! ;0) I also had the most fabulous pair of mittens - again made by Franney (she's so talented) - to wear when I walk the dogs.


They have a flap on the back so I can whip my fingers out when I need them - how ingenious is that?!

They are very warm - and again match my new winter coat perfectly. :0)















Also in my parcel was this fab "knitted" mug - way cool! and I've wanted one for ages - some shortbread biscuits and some Green and Black's spicy chocolate, which unfortunately didn't last long but was absolutely delicious. :0)

Franney also sent me some buttons to match the yarn, a Ravelry badge and some stitchmarkers. Once again, thank you Franney - it was a wonderful swap!










I went to Get Knitted in Bristol today for a course on Professional Finishing with Debbie Abrahams. However, when I arrived at 10.05 a.m., I was told that the course had been cancelled because Debbie was ill and I should have had a phone call to let me know. Obviously I hadn't *rolls eyes*. But the day was not a complete waste of time because GK offered me 20% on any purchases I made to make up for any inconvenience. I wanted to buy some Knit Picks Harmony needle tips anyway and a "few" other things just happened to fall into my basket while I was there. *LOL* ;0)

I got some Mirasol 'Hacho' to make this pattern (Hawaii)












some Manos del Uruguay silk blend (luscious!) to make Hibiscus















and a ball of Sublime extra fine merino wool DK to finish of a pair of Corazon mittens for a Christmas present















and some needle tips, patterns etc. - "just because" - *LOL*
















Now, just so you don't think I haven't been doing anything at all while I haven't been blogging, here are a couple of FOs - ;0)

my 3rd pair of Corazons - again for a Christmas present

I LOVE this pattern. :0)

It takes me about 6 hours to knit a pair of mittens and people think you've sweated blood making them! *LOL*






Finally, I made my son this scarf - from Morehouse Farm Merino - I still need to add some "smoke" coming from his nostrils but it's 99% done -



I'm Welsh, need I say more? ;0)







39 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Your pressie from Franney was lovely. I love that pic of your rats in their bed. Wonder if I put a hammock in the garden the rats will stop harassing the chicks and just mellow out in it all day?

The dragon is FAB!

K @ Tidewater Knits said...

Ooh, so many pretty things to look at. Lovely knits--and six hours for a pair of stranded mittens! I must be an exceptionally slow knitter.

Love the dragon scarf. =D And your rats.

gilraen said...

A fabulous parcel!!!!! Franney is so talented!!

What gorgeous S.E.X.!!! I'm glad you got compensated so nicely!! :)

fran said...

I'm really pleased you like your swap parcel and i just love the rattie pose, he's definitely saying "no" to coming out!! hehehe

I'm halfway through a dragon scarf myself, i've two to do for my friend's boys. She's Welsh and they are very proud of their heritage and they LOVE anything dragon-y too, i'm hoping they will love having their own pet dragon to wrap up warm in :oD
If mine looks half as good as yours Linda i will be well chuffed! :o)

HaveFaith said...

The Hawaii vest pattern is terrific. I would love to see the vest when completed. Your choice of yarn is perfect. Where can that pattern be found?

Linda said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments. :0)

The Hawaii vest pattern is available at Get Knitted in Bristol or you can find your nearest stockist by going to www.artesanoyarns.co.uk or calling 0118 950 3350.

I started knitting it last night, even though I've already got 2 cardigans on the go. Still, it shouldn't take long to knit. I love the way the yarn is knitting up and the colours are gorgeous.
:0)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you made eyes! What did you use for the eyes? I made a moorehousefarms alligator and gave it button eyes that I used a sharpie black marker on to make pupils. (sunshinekim on ravelry), a friend just knit the same pattern and made crochet eyes and it is adorable. I think the eyes just make the patterns come alive. So cute!!! You should be proud.

Linda said...

Thanks! I bought some toy safety eyes from my LYS. They do have a small shaft poking out the back but I've covered that with a garter stitch square so it doesn't catch on anything. They cost 50p each if I remember rightly.

Anonymous said...

dl guard -
dog training online -
driver checker -
driver robot -
drop shipping wholesalers -
earth4energy -
earth 4 energy -
easy backup wizard -
eatstopeat -
eat stop eat -
error fix -
error killer -
error smart -
evidence eraser -
evidence nuker -
ex girlfriend guru -
fatburningfurnace -
fat burning furnace -
fatloss4idiots -
fat loss 4 idiots -
final uninstaller -
fitnessmodelprogram -
fitness model program -
fit yummy yummy -
flattenyourabs -
flatten your abs -
flat to fab -
forex grid bot -
get google ads free -
get paid to draw -
get this off my chest now -
governmentregistry -
government registry -
heartburn no more -

Anonymous said...

homemadeenergy -
home made energy -
honest riches -
learn photoshop now -
linden method -
malware removal bot -
marketing on the fringe -
maternityacupressure -
maternity acupressure -
meet your sweet -
musclegainingsecrets -
muscle gaining secrets -
my online income system -
negative calorie diet -
no adware -
one minute cure -
one week marketing -
online pickup secrets -
partenon -
pc on point -
perfect optimizer -
perfect uninstaller -
pick the gender of your baby -
power cash secret -
profit lance -
publicrecordspro -
public records pro -
push button marketer -
quit smoking today -
registry easy -
registry easy download -
registry fix -
registry winner download -
reverse mobile -

Anonymous said...

reverse phone detective -
richard mackenzie direct -
rocket spanish -
rss power plus -
sem business blueprint -
silent sales machine -
spam bully -
sports betting champ -
spyware cease -
spyware nuker -
spyware remover -
starting a day care center -
the bad breath report -
the cb code -
thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
the super mind evolution system -
traffic travis -
truth about abs -
turbulencetraining -
turbulence training -
twitter affiliate cash -
twitter decoded -
video piggy -
video web wizard -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
warp speed fat loss -
wedding speech 4u -
windo fix -
your bill killer -
you will get paid -
zygor guides -
20 day persuasion -

Anonymous said...

advanced pc tweaker -
adware bot -
affiliate naire -
apple patch diet -
article submitter -
art of approaching -
burnthefat -
burn the fat -
carb rotation diet -
cold sore freedom in 3 days -
conversationalhypnosis -
conversational hypnosis -
copy that game -
cure for bruxism -
cure hemorrhoids -
cyber link pro -
dl guard -
driver checker -
driver robot -
drop shipping wholesalers -
earth4energy -
earth 4 energy -
easy backup wizard -
easy click mate -
easy photo biz -
eatstopeat -
eat stop eat -
epinoisis -
error fix -
error killer -
error smart -
evidence nuker -
fap turbo -
fatburningfurnace -

Anonymous said...

fat burning furnace -
fatloss4idiots -
fat loss 4 idiots -
final uninstaller -
fitnessmodelprogram -
fitness model program -
fit yummy yummy -
flattenyourabs -
flatten your abs -
flat to fab -
governmentregistry -
government registry -
heartburn no more -
hippo jaw -
homemadeenergy -
home made energy -
honest riches -
hot video squeeze templates -
instant website creation -
jump manual -
keyword research pro -
linden method -
malware removal bot -
maternityacupressure -
maternity acupressure -
meet your sweet -
micro niche finder -
musclegainingsecrets -
muscle gaining secrets -
muscle gain truth -
my traffic strategy -
nasty dirty money -
negative calorie diet -
no adware -

Anonymous said...

pc optimizer pro -
perfect uninstaller -
pergola plans -
pick the gender of your bady -
plr ebook club -
pregnancy without pounds -
profit lance -
publicrecordspro -
public records pro -
questions for couples -
quit smoking today -
ready made review sites -
reg genie -
registry easy -
registry easy download -
registry winner -
registry winner download -
retrievea lover -
reverse mobile -
richard mackenzie direct -
rocket italian -
rocket spanish -
roulette sniper -
rss ground -
secret affiliate weapon -
secrets book -
spam bully -
spyware cease -
spyware nuker -
spyware remover -
spy zooka -
starting a day care center -
tattoo fever -
team idemise -

Anonymous said...

the bad breath report -
the cb code -
thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
the rich jerk -
the super mind evolution system -
turbulencetraining -
turbulence training -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
warp speed fat loss -
wedding speech 4u -
windo fix -
wrap candy -
zygor guides -
7day ebook -
360 fix kit -
advanced pc tweaker -
adware bot -
affiliate naire -
art of approaching -
beating adwords -
believe and manifest -
blogging in action -
body building revealed -
burthefat -
burn the fat -
carb rotation diet -
cheat your way thin -
cold sore freedom in 3 days -
conversationalhypnosis -
conversational hypnosis -
convert 2 ev -

Anonymous said...

cure for bruxism -
cure hemorrhoids -
digi cam cash -
digital media solution -
dl guard -
driver checker -
earth4energy -
earth 4 energy -
easy backup wizard -
easy member pro -
easy tv soft -
eatstopeat -
eat stop eat -
error fix -
error killer -
evidence nuker -
fap turbo -
fatburningfurnace -
fat burning furnace -
fatloss4idiots -
fat loss 4 idiots -
final uninstaller -
fitnessmodelprogram -
fitness model program -
flatten your abs -
gamers testing ground -
gov auction -
governmentregistry -
government registry -
gov records -
herbal hair solution -
homebre ware -
home job group -
homemadeenergy -

Anonymous said...

home made energy -
inteli gator -
joanas world -
joyful tomato -
kidney stone remedy -
learn digital photography now -
learn elements now -
linden method -
lose man boobs -
malware removal bot -
maternityacupressure -
maternity acupressure -
meet your sweet -
muscle gaining secrets -
muscle gain truth -
niche adsense themes -
ninety day powerseller -
pc optimizer pro -
pregnancy miracle -
pregnancy without pounds -
privacy control -
publicrecordspro -
public records pro -
quit smoking today -
reg genie -
registry easy -
registry genius -
registry smart -
registry winner -
registry winner download -
retrievea lover -
reverse mobile -
richard mackenzie direct -
rocket italian -

Anonymous said...

ambien online without rx ambien side effects webmd - ambien cost

Anonymous said...

generic diazepam online diazepam generic drug - diazepam online order

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam buy online no prescription - can get high diazepam

Anonymous said...

discount xanax 30 mg xanax overdose - buy xanax no prescription from canada

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online effects of diazepam (valium) - diazepam 5mg tablets effects

Anonymous said...

order zolpidem zolpidem tartrate or zolpidem - buy zolpidem 10mg tablets

Anonymous said...

order xanax no prescription xanax 10 panel drug test - xanax makes my anxiety worse

Anonymous said...

alprazolam xanax side effects headache - alprazolam 0 5mg ms

Anonymous said...

ativan no prescription lorazepam 1mg 50 comprimidos - buy lorazepam drug

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam generic valium 5mg diazepam for dogs - valium diazepam effets

Anonymous said...

xanax online generic xanax xr - long does xanax drug test

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online ativan yellow pill - ativan ep 905

Anonymous said...

alprazolam mg xanax and alcohol brain damage - whats street value 1mg xanax

Anonymous said...

order ativan online can u overdose ativan - ativan overdose in elderly

Anonymous said...

order ambien street price for ambien 5mg - ambien side effects rare

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien side effects erectile - buy brand ambien online

Anonymous said...

valium online pharmacy what high does valium give you - buy valium online from canada

Anonymous said...

buy valium online buy valium legally - valium 5mg image

Anonymous said...

ambien pharmacy ambien online from canada - ambien side effects in women

Anonymous said...

soma medication carisoprodol 350 mg soma - soma carisoprodol wiki

Anonymous said...

diazepam without prescription 5mg valium and beer - valium 5mg diazepam

Anonymous said...

valium medication valium pill types - can you buy valium egypt